7 July 2012

Test piece for the Ninja, Metal Gear Solid

Last week I said I would post this last weekend, but I didn't get round to it.

I did a little test embroidery for a bigger piece, based off this piece of concept art for Metal Gear Solid:

I wanted to do a test piece first, because I didn't know whether the colouring used in this image would translate well into threads.

I'm qutie happy with how it turned out. I think I will need to choose lighter shades of the same colours, and try blending some more. I think perhaps stitching with one strand of one colour and one strand of another in the areas where the colours blend together might help.


  1. He's looking really cool!!!

  2. Hi

    Just found your blog.
    He looks fantastic!