12 November 2012

England Holiday Part 1: Ipswich


We started off our little holiday in the UK in Ipswich. My boyfriend's family live here and we stayed with them for the week. Ipswich is quite a pretty little port town, and we spent most of our time just wandering about, or drinking tea and talking.



There's usually a little market in the town, and one day we went in to find a stall selling back issues of magazines for £1 each. I was very lucky to find three cross stitching magazines.


That's Cross Stitch Crazy, Cross Stitch Gold and Cross Stitch Collection. I was very pleased with this find as I'd kept looking in WH Smith and had decided not to buy any magazines as they were too expensive.

We didn't do very much else, other than visit all the local charity shops, unfortunately we didn't find anything there.

In Part 2, I'll have some photos from Bonfire Night, and Birmingham, as well as the lovely craft-related early Christmas present my mum bought me.

5 comments:

  1. lovely town and i am happy for you for that magazines, it must have felt like you are finding a treasure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was! We don't have much to spend at the moment and I love buying cross stitch magazines when I'm in England, so to be able to get those was fantastic.

      Delete
  2. Hello, returning the following and commenting on this post because Ipswich is my county town (sad to say!). Next time you're in England you must visit Norwich, it blows Ipswich away LOL. There is alot of rivalry between the two places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow.
      I lived in Ipswich for a year and visited Norwich while I was there, it is a lovely place! It's currently our city of choice to move to if we go back to England.

      Delete
    2. Let me know if you do, we could have a meet up!

      Delete