I picked up a little hardanger kit at a charity shop a couple of weeks ago, and actually managed to finish it for the most part in a couple of days. It got put back down again because of my current obsession with patchwork, and also because I found the idea of cutting into my fabric a little intimidating!
Here's the finished piece:
My cutting is a bit rough, I think because my scissors weren't quite sharp enough and I was scared to cut into the stitches. I also made a few silly counting mistakes, but I don't think you can tell from a glance! Overall I'm quite happy with the outcome. Although the pattern itself isn't really to my taste, it was still fun to try something new.