13 May 2013

Floral pouch


Hello! I'm still about.  The weekend before last I was off to Birmingham to visit my mum and got a lovely Lanarte cross stitch kit and some fabrics for my patchwork, both of which I'll be showing off soon. Last Thursday was my birthday, and I was lucky enough to get a sewing machine, so I've been busy trying that out.


I played around a bit with the machine over the last few days, but today I tried to sew something properly. I used Love Letter Mini Clutch tutorial from Sew Together, but decided not to add the strap, and was daring and added a buttonhole!

As you can see in the first photo, I'm using it to keep my patchwork hexagons and some threads in. I am terribly pleased with myself.

9 comments:

  1. Well done, it looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first project! You should be proud, it's gorgeous :)
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you should be pleased, it's lovely :) The bright lining is a nice contrast. Congratulations on your new sewing machine! Have you named it yet?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'm not much for naming stuff. It takes me too much thought to name even a pet or a teddy bear!

      Delete
  4. That looks really pretty, great job!

    ReplyDelete