16 January 2013

Kung Pow Pixel: Pokémon X and Y



I don't get very excited about most games, but I love Pokémon games and always get excited about them.

Pokémon X and Y were announced last week for the Nintendo 3DS. This is exciting for a number of reasons. First of all, it's a 3DS game. I don't think many people were really expecting that after Pokémon Black and White and B&W2 were released for the regular DS. It was rather an eventuality as Nintendo won't be able to support the DS forever after the release of the 3DS, but Nintendo did rather seem to be putting it off, as even spin off games such as Pokémon Conquest were not released on the 3DS. Secondly, it looks, from the few screenshots we have, like they've made quite a change to the graphics and the battle environments, which look much more dynamic.


The attacks look way cooler too!


The starters don't look too bad. I'm especially enamoured with Chespin, he looks quite similar to Oshawott, who was my starter in Pokémon Black, maybe that's why. I also quite like Froakie as he's quite an original looking water type, though Fennekin reminds me a lot of Vulpix and Victini as it's another fox-like fire type.



Pokémon X & Y are coming out in October world-wide, so I hope to be able to get one at launch. At least I hope that I will be able to get Black 2 before then, as I am itching to play that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment