A little while ago I showed you my quilt top I'd been working on made with Moda charm packs. After vising the Hobbycrafts show at the NEC last weekend and a couple of hiccoughs I finally finished it.
The first problem I ran into was that I had thought I'd be able to get everything, including batting at the show. However, nobody was selling any full size cuts of batting. This was quickly resolved though, with a quick trip to the Cotton Patch.
The second problem I ran into was that after buying this sweet, yellow, umbrella fabric above, which was advertised as being 60", I came home to find it was only 54". The quilt top itself was 54.5" so I really needed the 60". Unfortunately, I don't know from which company I bought it from as I didn't think to check the stand name at the NEC and didn't get a receipt. Anyway, after a bit of a panic I found some plain yellow cotton, the same shade as the background, and I had just enough to make a strip down one side. You can see it in the top of the photo, but it looks like it was made to be.
The binding fabric is by Riley Blake Designs, and a lovely lady at the Pin it & Stitch stand at the NEC helped me pick it out. I quilted it just inside the squares and around the border fabric, I wanted to keep the quilting simple as the fabrics were already so busy. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, as this is my first proper quilt. I think I might be addicted now.