16 March 2011

A few bits and bobs

I'm going away for a week starting early tomorrow (train leaves at 5.15am, ugh...), so I thought I'd post a quick update before I leave.

First, one quick reason why I love volunteering at a charity bookshop:
 
Cross stitch magazine for 25p each. Three called "Cross Country Stitching" which have some nice classic designs, although they are quite religious, which is not my cup of tea, but I'm sure I can leave out the Bible versus or replace them with other quotes should I use one of the patterns. "Quick & Easy Cross Stitch" has some sweet bear patterns, a lovely alphabet pattern and lots of Christmas patterns in it, and also still has its free gift attached. 


Next, I take back what I said about amigurumi looking easy. I made a couple of teddies so bad I dare not show them, and a little pig with no legs, which looks slightly stupid, but I think is sort of cute.

Make me some legs, and sort out my eyes!

My thumbs almost back to normal, I can do cross stitching without pain as long as I don't do it for too long, so I've done a little bit more of my Pokémon biscornu.

 
I'm sure you can guess who this is.





Lastly, I pulled out a sampler I started well over a year ago and haven't worked on in months and did a little more on it.



It's very creased, and seems to have magically acquired some stains, so I hope those will wash out.

That's about it. Keep stitching. I'll be back in a week!

3 comments:

  1. Hm, can't really guess the pokemon. Looks like a recent one, and I'm not so familiar with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smoochum! :D
    I love the sampler, it looks like a Beatrix Potter one to me? I do like charity shop bargains, hope you find some great projects in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crocheting has always been the hardest kind of craft for me. I've never been able to even make a chain. So I think your crocheting looks great, the piggy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete